International Micro Village, Inc. Releases the New Double-Take 7.1 that Delivers New DR Capabilities and Improved Performance for Migrations, High Availability, and Disaster Recovery.
Every company should have a COB, also known as continuity of Business. According to industry reports, many companies are moving to data storage environments hosted in the cloud as part of diversification and cost-saving strategies. With the metered usage option, managed service providers can utilize Double-Take DR to provide disaster recovery-as-a-service (DRaaS) consistently to their customers with clear reporting and license management features.
A contingency plan is a must and every business should be able to run smoothly no matter what the circumstances are. COB should now be as easy as 1, 2, 3 with the help of technology. Companies today should no longer have an excuse for not having a COB since International Micro Village Inc. now offers the new Double-Take DR product enabling easy implementation and diversification of disaster recovery strategies.
“Companies today must be prepared for business continuity, especially when there are many different technology platforms working together – and surprisingly, many do not have a plan in place whatsoever,” said Tim Laplante, director of the product strategy at Vision Solutions. “Updates to Double-Take 7.1 ensure that more companies can benefit from data protection solutions – both for companies with the most sophisticated business-critical data protection needs as well as companies just now beginning this process. We’ve removed barriers for first-time adopters of disaster recovery solutions so that all companies, regardless of where they are at in their business continuity planning, can implement this important strategic initiative to prevent data loss.”
The new Double-Take 7.1 is now available and it was made possible by International Micro Village, Inc., one of the leading distribution companies of IT products and solutions in the Philippines, and the exclusive distributor of Double-Take products. With the improvements, end-users and partners will benefit from new options for disaster recovery and improved software performance.
Companies operating on Windows and Linux server environments can now utilize Double Take 7.1 with the following enhancements:
- Faster time to migration and protection with increased initial synchronization speed
- Significantly faster cutover time; up to 50 percent decrease in time required to failover
- Full server one-to-one migration and protection for users with Linux operating systems
In addition to increased functionality for existing products within the Double-Take 7.1 family, including Double-Take Availability and Double-Take Move, this release includes a new solution available to market, Double-Take DR. With Double-Take DR, users can leverage the disaster recovery (DR) capabilities of Double-Take without needing to invest in a more comprehensive high availability (HA) component. The new offering makes disaster recovery solutions accessible to more mid-market companies as they begin to understand the need to properly protect growing quantities of business-critical data in the cloud.
Features and Benefits of the Double-Take 7.1:
- Double-Take 7.1 migrates and protects critical business data across any platform, on any hardware or residing in any environment
- These solution updates improve the user experience across our platforms with superior software performance
- Double-Take 7.1 provides the flexibility to expand data storage infrastructure moving forward. This means you easily select multiple destinations for your data to reside – across any variety of physical servers, on Hyper-V virtual machines, or in our Azure cloud
- It helps hybrid data centers become a reality for more businesses.
- Double-Take 7.1’s effective data migration, protection, and availability products are included in a single, unified platform, which drives value for customers.
- The updates allow businesses to easily manage SLAs across various workloads in a heterogeneous environment.
The new Double-Take 7.1 is available now thru International Micro Village, Inc. (IMVI). Resellers can contact IMVI at (02) 751-1230 to 34 to request a product presentation.
To learn more about Double-Take 7.1 or to request a product demo, visit www.visionsolutions.com.
You may also visit http://www.imvphil.com or connect with them thru Facebook: www.facebook.com/imvphil